If you need an easy appetizer or weeknight dinner, this Garlic Butter Shrimp is just the ticket. Loaded with flavor, easy to make and fun to eat!
Mom used to make this in the electric skillet right at the table for a special meal. There is something innately unifying about cooking a meal at the table. We would pile our plates with shrimp, then peel and eat them while we talked.
You could serve it with lemon wedges, but the first time my parents had the dish was on vacation in Acapulco so limes it always was. I like the size of 51-60 shrimp and easy peel is the way we have always enjoyed it. But if you are serving as an appetizer you may want larger tail-on shrimp for presentation.
As a main course this would be delicious with the Cilantro Lime Rice I posted last week.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Delicious, simple and quick, this Garlic Butter Shrimp is a great weeknight fast dinner or appetizer. #shrimprecipe #weeknightdinner #meatlessmeal ” quote=”Delicious, simple and quick, this Garlic Butter Shrimp is a great weeknight fast dinner or appetizer. ” theme=”style2″]
Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp I recommend, easy peel or peeled tail on 51/60 count
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 2-3 limes, cut in wedges for serving
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium high heat until melted.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and cook until completely pink.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.