These flavorful Shrimp Fajita Bowls are a healthy vegetarian meal ready in minutes.
Fajita Bowls are so much fun to eat. And this recipe is ready in about 30 minutes, which includes cooking the brown rice.
Just get the rice going by boiling it or use your pressure cooker if you prefer. Then chop your ingredients and start cooking. Everything should finish up about the same time.
Perfect for Meatless Monday or Fajita Friday (that's a thing right?) okay, how about Lenten Fridays instead.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (+ more, if needed)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium yellow pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium orange bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 pounds shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 4 cups prepared plain brown rice or cilantro lime rice (recipe below)
- chopped cilantro and lime wedges (for serving)
- Start preparing the rice for the Cilantro Lime Rice (see recipe below). Then cut ingredients and prepare vegetables and shrimp. Everything should be done about the same time.
- Add two tablespoons olive oil to a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the bell peppers and red onion. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Sauté until the vegetables soften and develop a bit of color, stirring occasionally, about 7-10 minutes.
- Remove peppers and onions from skillet and add the shrimp. Sprinkle with ground cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook just until the shrimp turns opaque, about 3-4 minutes. Do not overcook.
- To serve, divide the rice between four serving bowls and top each bowl with the cooked vegetables and shrimp. Garnish with additional cilantro and lime wedges, if desired. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ cups brown rice
- 1 fresh lime
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- In a large sauce pan, combine the rice with 4-5 cups of water. Bring to a boil then reduce to medium low for 25 minutes. Taste a few grains for tenderness. When rice is cooked to your preference, drain remaining water.
- While rice is cooking zest and juice the lime and chop the cilantro.
- Fluff cooked rice with a fork and stir in fresh lime juice, lime zest, and cilantro. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Other Shrimp Recipes
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.