Vegan Potato and Corn Chowder made in the slow cooker makes a healthy and hearty meal to comfort your family on a chilly day.
Besides all of the other drama going on in the world, it has been raining off and on for the better part of two weeks. This Californian is getting a bit depressed! I need some comfort foods, like this soup.
Just dump the ingredients in the slow cooker, go about your day and then add a little coconut milk a little before serving. Easy peasy comfort on a spoon.
You can swap chicken broth for the vegetable broth, use whole milk for the coconut milk and maybe add some crumbled bacon if you want. But it is pretty fabulous as is.
Simple vegan Potato Corn Chowder with a spicy kick made in the slow cooker. Comfort food for chilly days.
- 5 large Idaho potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 12 ounce bag frozen sweet corn drained
- 1 medium jalapeño seeds removed and chopped
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 cups vegetable stock preferably organic
- ¾ cup full-fat coconut milk
- chopped fresh cilantro optional
Place the potatoes, corn, jalapeño, ground cumin, oregano, and coriander into the crock of a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
About 30 minutes before serving, scoop out about half of the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add coconut milk, and mash until potatoes are almost smooth. Return to slow cooker crock and stir to combine. Cover and continue cooking until all ingredients are heated through.
Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro for serving if desired.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.