This post is sponsored by Barlean’s. I have received sample products and other compensation for writing this post. All content and opinions are mine.
Homemade granola is ridiculously simple to make and this Chocolate Granola is a deliciously healthy way for any chocolate lover to start the day.
#Choctoberfest Recipes and Giveaway
This recipe is part of #Choctoberfest, a week long celebration of chocolate organized by The PinterTest Kitchen. 70+ bloggers are sharing hundreds of chocolate recipes. Keep scrolling past the granola recipe for more recipes and follow the hashtag #Choctoberfest on social media for even more.
You can also enter to win our #Choctoberfest prize pack. Thank to our amazing sponsors who are contributing the following items for the prize:
- $100 gift card to Williams Sonoma or Sur La Table from our gold sponsor Imperial Sugar
- 1 case of granulated white sugar (40 pounds), 1 case of light brown sugar (24 pounds), 1 case of dark brown sugar (24 pounds), and 1 case of powdered sugar (24 pounds) from our gold sponsor Imperial Sugar
- 16 oz Barlean’s Butter-Flavored Coconut Oil, 9.52 oz canister of Chocolate Silk Greens, and 8oz bottle of Essential Women Omega-Swirl Chocolate Mint from our silver sponsor Barlean’s
- 300-piece Lindt LINDOR Truffles gift bag (you choose the flavors!) from blog sponsors The PinterTest Kitchen
This prize pack is valued at over $450! To enter, simply follow participating sponsors and bloggers using the below giveaway widget.
Barlean’s: A Pathway to A Better Life
I made this recipe with ingredients from one of our wonderful #Choctoberfest sponsors, Barlean’s.
Sponsor or not, their Butter Flavored Coconut Oil is amazing. It is the only coconut oil I use and I put it in everything from baked goods to drizzling on popcorn for a healthy alternative to butter.
Instead of plain old cocoa powder I used Barlean’s Greens Powder Chocolate Silk Flavor for an added dose of fruits and vegetables in my cereal. It mixes in so smoothly, and when you eat the granola with milk it turns it chocolaty like that not so good for your sugary kiddie cereal. I also love it in my morning cup of coffee for a quick and healthy mocha fix.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Satisfy your chocolate craving the healthy way with homemade Chocolate Granola. #recipe #chocolate” quote=”Satisfy your chocolate craving the healthy way with homemade Chocolate Granola.e” theme=”style2″]
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder or chocolate protein powder
- 3 cups plain oatmeal quick cooking or old fashioned
- 2 cups pecans or almonds rough chopped if desired
- 1 cup dried cranberries or peanut butter chips or flake coconut
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a saucepan, heat coconut oil and honey until warm. Stir in cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl, combine oats and nuts. Stir in honey mixture until evenly coated.
- Spread mixture in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- To make "clusters", immediately press down firmly on the mixture with a wet paper towel. Let cool. Break into smaller pieces.
- Mix in cranberries (or peanut butter chips or coconut).