Easy Hot Green Pepper Jelly makes a great homemade gift for family and friends.
When life, or your CSA or garden, gives you a bunch of peppers it’s time to make some green pepper jelly.
I had a variety of hot peppers from the CSA so I decided to start getting ready for Christmas by making some easy jelly. If you have never made jam or jelly before this is a great one to start with since you add liquid pectin to get it to gel. It takes the guess work out of reaching the gelling point.
You can use hot pepper jelly any way you would use any other jam or jelly, but a few special ways to use it:
- pour over a block of cream cheese or brie and serve with crackers or sliced baguettes.
- glaze chicken or fish then broil or grill
- add to a margarita
- as a dipping sauce for shrimp, chicken pieces, meatballs, etc.
More easy jam recipes:
Green Pepper Jelly
- 1 pound hot green peppers (jalapeno, cayenne, poblano, anaheim, etc.)
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 6 cups sugar
- 2 pouches 3 ounce size liquid pectin
- Wear gloves, cut off stem and remove seeds and membranes from peppers. Leave membranes and seeds for a hotter jelly.
- Puree peppers in food processor or blender with 1 cup cider vinegar until smooth. Do not strain.
- In a large stock pot combine puree with remaining 1 cup cider vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add liquid pectin. Continue boiling for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add food coloring, if using, and skim foam if necessary.
- Ladle jelly into half pint jars, adjust 2 piece lid.
- Process in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.