If you need a bright way to start your day, or a sweet lemony afternoon treat these Lemon Streusel Muffins are just the ticket.
Unlike most streusel toppings, this one does not use brown sugar or cinnamon. Don’t get me wrong. I love brown sugar and cinnamon, just not with lemon. And these muffins are loaded with lemony goodness from the tangy glaze down to the moist muffins.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Bright and sunny Lemon Streusel Muffins are a lovely way to start your day. #muffins #recipes” quote=”Bright and sunny Lemon Streusel Muffins are a lovely way to start your day. #muffins #recipes”]
The next time life hands you lemons, whip a quick batch of these Lemon Streusel Muffins.
Lemon Streusel Muffins
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup plain yogurt or lemon flavored yogurt or sour cream
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with wrappers or spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients, pressing together with fingers until firm. Put in freezer.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together egg and sugar until thick and yellow (about 30 seconds). Whisk in melted butter until combined. Add yogurt, 1/4 cup of lemon juice and about half of the lemon zest.
- Fold in flour mixture until batter is just mixed (do not over mix). Scoop batter into muffin tins. Remove topping from freezer and crumble on top of the muffins.
- Bake at 350 degrees until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with crumbs but no uncooked batter (15-20 minutes). Remove from pan and let cool.
- While muffins are cooling, prepare glaze. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and remaining lemon zest. Add remaining lemon juice about a tablespoon at a time until it is drizzling consistency.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.