Norwegian Pancakes are similar to crepes, but thicker. Which means they are easy to flip without breaking. Yeah! Delicious for breakfast or dessert.
These pancakes are pretty straight forward to make and can be filled with whatever you like. We went cream cheese and jam, but you could add chocolate or fresh fruit or lemon curd or well, whatever else might tickle your fancy.
Norwegian Pancakes are similar to crepes but a bit thicker. Delicious filled with sweetened cream cheese and fruit.
- 3 Large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup milk room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 oz cream cheese optional
- 1 teaspoon mik optional
- powdered sugar to taste optional
- fresh fruit or jam/jelly
- Combine eggs, milk, flour, sugar and vanilla in a blend and blend on high until smooth.
- Coat a 9" skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium high heat. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the skillet, tilting the pan to coat the bottom. Cook the pancake until the top is covered with little bubbles, about 30 seconds. Flip the pancake with a large spatula and cook on the other side until lightly browned. Repeat with the remaining batter.
For Cheese Blintzes: In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, milk and powdered sugar to taste. Spread a small amount on each pancake, add jelly or fresh fruit if desired. Roll and eat.
Other pancake recipes you may enjoy:
Until next time, happy eating!