Do you love pumpkin pancakes but need a gluten-free version? With this delicious gluten-free pumpkin pancake recipe, you can enjoy your favorite fall breakfast without any tummy troubles.
Made from a mix of gluten-free flours and spices, this pumpkin pancake recipe is both nutritious and delicious. With just 15 minutes of prep and 10 minutes of cook time, you can create an amazing gluten-free breakfast that will satisfy your taste buds and keep you full until lunch.
So don’t miss out this season, and start cooking up these delicious Pumpkin Pancakes!
You will never find a box of store-bought pancake mix in my home. Like salad dressings, they are so easy to make at home with ingredients you probably already have.
And they taste better!
Especially these pancaked with add pumpkin, pumpkin spice and maple syrup cooked inside.
Gluten Free Pancakes (or Not)
This recipe calls for a blend of coconut and almond flours. But you can easily use all-purpose flour instead if you do not need them to be gluten free.
Other gluten free flour or baking mix can be used as well.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Pancakes
The ingredients are basic baking ingredients and easy to find in any grocery store.
- pumpkin puree
- maple syrup (or honey or agave syrup)
- almond flour and coconut flour (or other gluten free flour or all purpose flour)
- baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt and coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
For Vegan Preparation: use your favorite vegan egg substitute such as aqua faba, or flax eggs (1 egg = 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed soaked in 2 ½ tablespoons water for 10 minutes) or a commercial product.
How to serve Pumpkin Pancakes
Serve these pancakes like you would your favorite buttermilk pancakes, with butter and syrup.
I used banana slices and pecans with some maple syrup. Or you could go for some peanut butter or other nut butter, or maybe some caramel sauce/ syrup.
With the pumpkin pie spice, these would also be delicious with some apple compote or apple sauce. Or go full Thanksgiving and use some cranberry sauce.
- 6 large eggs
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey or agave syrup)
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin puree, and maple syrup until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and gently fold until just blended.
- Heat one tablespoon coconut oil in a large griddle over medium heat. Once hot, spoon 2-3 tablespoons per pancake and cook for 2-3 minutes a side. Repeat with remaining coconut oil and pancake batter.