Cream Cheese Pancakes are a grain free keto option to traditional pancakes.
I was skeptical when I first read this recipe, no flour or flour substitute! Just cream cheese mixed with egg and dash of flavoring. The result was a pretty tasty pancake.
Tips for the Perfect Cream Cheese Pancakes
Keep the pancakes on the small side, The batter for this recipe is relatively thin and has a tendency to fall apart when turning, smaller pancakes easier to flip.
You can use a cast iron skillet, but a cast iron griddle like this makes these pancakes much easier because of the lower sides. I tried making them on my non-stick griddle and they stuck. That's what I get for being too lazy to pull out the cast iron.
Oil the skillet between batches to further ensure the bottom doesn't stick when trying to flip them.
Top with seasonal fresh fruit and you might find you don't need to add loads of syrup. Fresh berries with a little splenda or monkfruit in spring and summer or some pears/ apples cooked up with some cinnamon and nutmeg as well as chopped nuts (like in the photo above) is wonderful in autumn or winter.
Cream Cheese Pancakes
- 8 ounce cream cheese (softened and cut into cubes)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil (divided)
- seasonal fresh fruit for serving (see note)
- Add cream cheese, eggs, and vanilla extract to a blender. Cover and blend on high until completely smooth.
- Heat a cast iron griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add ½ tablespoon olive oil to griddle and spread around with a rubber spatula.
- Pour 3 small pancakes onto the griddle leaving enough space in between so they don’t run together. Cook until the edges just begin to turn brown and the pancakes are set on top, about 3-4 minutes.
- Flip each pancake and continue cooking until golden brown on the bottom, another 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat this process with remaining olive oil until all batter is cooked. Serve with chopped seasonal fruit on top.
Sound fabulous? Share with others who would love it:
More Pancake Recipes
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Tammy from Creative K Kids (Blog)** Pinterest/Facebook/Google+/Twitter/Instagram
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)** Pinterest/Facebook/Google+/Twitter/Instagram
**Lisa from Blogghetti (Blog)** Pinterest/Facebook/Twitter/Instagram
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
Until next time, happy eating!
Leave a Reply