Oven Roasted Sausage and White Beans is a hearty weeknight fast meal that cooks in one pot for easy clean up too.
You don’t always need a complicated process to create a delicious hearty meal.
This sausage and white beans recipe is a great example. Just combine everything in a cast iron skillet and roast it in the oven for about 30 minutes. Delicious dinner, one pan to clean.
What type of sausage should you use?
Whatever your family likes: spicy or mild Italian sausages, bratwursts, or a kielbasa or rope smoked sausage.
If you use a single long sausage you may want to cut it into smaller serving size pieces before roasting. Or you might want to cut it afterwards.
Oven Roasted Sausage and White Beans
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausages
- ½ medium red onion sliced into wedges
- 5-6 large garlic cloves whole and unpeeled
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 15 ounce can white beans rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon fresh basil thinly sliced
- Place the top oven rack in the center position, place a 10 inch cast iron skillet in the middle and pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
- Carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven.
- Add the olive oil and gently swirl the pan to coat the bottom with the oil. Arrange the sausages, red onion, garlic cloves, and tomatoes in the skillet. Season with the Italian seasoning and a generous amount of salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Return the skillet to the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add the white beans and red wine vinegar to the skillet and gently stir to combine. Flip the sausages over for even browning
- Return to the oven and roast until sausages are brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and remove the whole garlic cloves. Peel, then smash the roasted garlic with the flat end of a table knife and add back to the pan with the fresh basil. Stir to combine and serve immediately.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Cast Iron Recipes
GOODBYE TASTY TUESDAY LINKERS
Today is the final Tasty Tuesdays Linky Party for the year. It will remain open for links through the end of December so come back and add more posts if you’d like.
This will also be my final party as a co-host. I have enjoyed seeing all of the fabulous recipes you bring to the party every week. My Pinterest boards are stuffed with your inventiveness in the kitchen.
Be sure to check out Creative K Kids in January for details about the new weekly party. I hope to see you there!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.
Until next time, happy eating!