Open Face Tuna Melts are a simple meatless sandwich that is great for lunch or dinner.
This is a “Daddy is working tonight” special dinner that my son and I enjoy quite often when his tuna hating father has a night class. He used to call them “tuna AND melts” when he was little, and the name has stuck in our house.
I make them just like my mom used to make, open faced with mayo and curry powder. And while I will put the mixture on any bread we have in the house, I always remember her making them on English muffins.
This is a fabulous I don’t wanna cook meal. Just mix up the tuna with mayo, curry and cheese; spread it on the bread, add a little more cheese and throw them under the broiler.
Panini and Other Sandwiches
The From Our Dinner Table crew is serving up sandwiches this week to enjoy for lunch or dinner.
- Grilled Cheese with Egg by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Keto Katsu SPAM-do (Katsu Sando) by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Open Faced Tuna Melts by That Recipe
- Raspberry Chipotle Turkey Melt by Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker Cuban Sandwich by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Thai Shrimp Lettuce Wrap by Art of Natural Living
- Turkey Bruschetta Panini by Making Miracles
Easy open faced Tuna Melt sandwiches made on English muffins and spiced with mayonnaise and curry powder. Simple meatless meal the whole family will enjoy.
- 3-4 English muffins cut in half
- 2 cans tuna
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder more or less to taste
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese grated
Place English muffin halves on a broiler pan. If you like a crispy crust, place under the broiler to toast for a few minutes while you mix the tuna.
In a medium bowl combine tuna, mayonnaise and curry powder. Add 1/2 cup of grated cheese. Spread mixture on the English muffin halves.
Sprinkle the sandwiches with the remaining cheese and place under the broiler until the cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes. Remove and serve.