Decadent Pumpkin Mousse recipe is so easy to make and topped with homemade maple whipped cream it is a perfect Autumn dessert fancy enough for a formal dinner but weeknight fast to make.
Mousse only sounds fancy. It is actually quick and easy to make. But the result is rich and creamy like heaven on a spoon. Especially if you top it with homemade maple whipped cream. Yes, the extra 5 minutes to whip up the cream is so much better than that spray stuff.
There is no added sugar in either the mousse or the whipped cream. And thanks to pumpkin’s high fiber content the result is a low carb/keto friendly dessert, within reason of course.
This dreamy Pumpkin Mousse recipe makes an easy fall dessert fancy enough for a formal dinner but homey enough for any night.
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons real maple syrup divided
- 15 ounce can pumpkin purée not pumpkin pie filling
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened, cubed
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup half & half
- pecan halves for serving
- ground cinnamon or nutmeg for dusting
In a mixing bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream in a large bowl until it doubles in size. Add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and continue beating until light and fluffy. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
In a separate mixing bowl, beat the pumpkin purée, cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, half & half, and remaining maple syrup until thoroughly blended.
Transfer to individual dessert bowls. Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
To serve, remove from refrigerator and top with maple whipped cream, pecans, and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon or nutmeg.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.