This is a sponsored post. We will be giving away prizes donated by our sponsors in exchange for this post. The recipe and opinions are my own.
This Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef makes a great filling for burritos or sandwiches or on top of a rice bowl. Just dump everything in your slow cooker and shred the meat just before serving.
I make a similar recipe with Italian seasonings as well, which makes fabulous Italian beef sandwiches with some provolone and pepperoncini.
National Slow Cooker Month
Some of my fellow bloggers and I have been celebrating Slow Cooker Month this week with loads of creative recipes to make in your slow cooker.
Friday’s Slow Cooker Recipes
- Creamy Mac and Cheese with Corn by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mexican Shredded Beef by That Recipe
- Slow Cooker Bacon & Yellow Split Pea Soup by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup by Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders by Savory Moments
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Stew by The Freshman Cook
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sliders by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Slow Cooker Meatballs Florentine by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Slow Cooker Pasta Bolognese by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Rosemary Dinner Rolls by Blogghetti
Slow Cooker Month Giveaway
Contest runs 1/20/2020 at 12:00 a.m. till 1/27/2020 at 11:59 p.m.
The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #NationalSlowCookerMonth bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and contest is open only to US residents.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #NationalSlowCookerMonth posts or entry.
Mexican Shredded Beef made flavorful and tender in the slow cooker. Great to serve in a rice bowl, on bolillo rolls or tortillas.
- 2½ pounds beef chuck roast
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 10 ounce can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup beef stock
- ½ medium yellow onion diced
- 1 medium jalapeno thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
Spray the bottom and sides of a 5 or 6-quart slow-cooker crock with non-stick cooking spray.
Season the beef with salt and pepper on all sides and place in slow cooker crock. Add all remaining ingredients cover, and cook on low for 8 hours.
- When done cooking, remove lid and shred beef with two forks while still inside the slow cooker. Allow shredded beef to marinate in warm cooking juices for 5 minutes to absorb more flavor.
Serve with rice, tortillas, bolillo rolls, etc. as desired.