These Sourdough Cranberry Cinnamon Rolls are a delightful baked treat bursting with tangy cranberries.
The recipe is modified from Alaska Sourdough by Ruth Allman.
The best way to get sourdough starter is to get some from someone else. If that is not an option you can make your own, but it will take weeks or even months for it to be ready to use. Sourdoughhome.com has a great method for making your own starter as well as instructions for maintaining it once it is nice and bubbly.
Sourdough Cranberry Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 packet yeast 2 1/4 teaspoons
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or shortening
- 1 egg
- 2- 2.5 cups flour
- 1 cup cranberries finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoon milk
- Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup of warm water. Combine yeast, sourdough, sugar, egg and butter/shortening. Add enough flour to make a soft dough (start with 2 cups and add more if dough is too sticky to be kneaded).
- Turn out on a floured board and knead until smooth and satiny. Place in a greased bowl, cover with a towel, set in a warm place and let rise until doubled in bulk. Punch down and let rise a second time.
- Grease a 13″ x 9″ pan.
- Combine cranberries sugar and cinnamon and let sit for 10-15 minutes until sugar and juices turn into a syrup.
- Roll out dough to a 12″ x 18″ rectangle. Spread cranberries across the rectangle.
- Roll up jelly roll style along the shorter side. Cut into 12 rolls and place in the pan on top of the topping. Let rise again until rolls fill the pan.
- Bake for 350 degrees for 45 minutes, until golden.
- Serve rolls warm drizzled with glaze.
Tasty Tuesdays Linky Party
Dina from Savvy in the Kitchen, Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas, Danielle from Creatively Homespun, Audrey from That Recipe, and Ashley from Forgetful Momma are our co-hosts for November!
Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Tammy from Creative K Kids (Blog)**
**Dina from Savvy in the Kitchen**
**Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas (Blog)**
**Danielle from Creatively Homespun (Blog)**
**Ashley from Forgetful Momma (Blog)**
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)**
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.