Healthier Thousand Island Dressing is packed with flavor but has less fat and sugar than store bought versions.
The quickest way to ruin a healthy salad is to pour on a bunch of sugary fat laden dressing. Thousand Island is one of the worst offenders!
This version tastes just like the store bought kind, but only uses the sweetener already present in the ketchup and pickle relish. Use low sugar versions of those if you want.
The fat is reduced by swapping part of the mayonnaise for some plain yogurt. Greek yogurt will be thicker so start with a bit less milk and thin to your liking.
Lighter Thousand Island Dressing
- 1/2 cup low fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (regular or reduced fat)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chopped roasted red pepper
- Combine yogurt, milk, mayonnaise, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce in a blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in pickle relish and red peppers. Thin with additional milk as needed, about 1 teaspoon at a time.
More Salad Dressing Recipes
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.