This Tropical Mango Banana Bread is a delicious, but simple, twist on ordinary banana bread.
I got this recipe years ago from my sister-in-law, Melanie and it became an instant family favorite.
The dried mangoes not only add color, but incredible sweetness. And there is one more secret ingredient: a bit of grated lemon zest! I would never have thought to add it, but it adds a subtle citrus note that perfectly complements the other ingredients.
Other quick bread recipes you may enjoy:
Easy Quick Bread Recipes
- Caramel Apple Bread by The Freshman Cook
- Chai Spiced Banana Bread by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Kalamata Olive and Oregano Mini Loaves by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Louisiana Bacon Pecan Bread by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spiced Apple Quick Bread by Art of Natural Living
- Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Quick Bread by Simply Inspired Meals
- Tropical Mango Banana Bread by That Recipe
- Zucchini Bread by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Mango Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup mashed bananas about 2-3 bananas
- 1 or 2 eggs if you have 1 cup of bananas use 2 eggs, 1 1/2 cup bananas use 1 egg
- 1/3 cup dried mangoes chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch bread pan (or two smaller ones)
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt with a whisk.
- In a larger bowl, beat shortening, sugar and lemon zest together until creamy. Beat in eggs and bananas.
- Add the flour in 2 equal parts beating until smooth. Add mangoes.
- Pour into prepared bread pan and bake in preheated oven until brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, approximately 40 minutes for small pans and 60 minutes for regular bread pan.
Until next time, happy eating.