I received compensation from Torani for this post. The recipe and opinions are my own.
Chocolate Caramel Affogato is a simple three ingredient dessert that is the perfect way to top off any meal be it a weeknight leftover night or an elegant 5 course meal.
This post is part of Flavors of Fall Week. Be sure to keep scrolling to see all of today's fabulous recipes from some of my favorite bloggers.
You may be wondering why I consider ice cream a Fall dish.
I live in inland Southern California, it was 115F on Labor Day this year. We have our annual block party in the cul-de-sac on Halloween and only one year were we bundled up around the fire pit. We don't really cool off until mid-Fall, and even then, this dessert is delicious.
You do not need a fancy espresso maker to make this. I use instant espresso powder and boiling water.
It is the hot/cold dichotomy that makes affogato special.
The luscious caramel sauce for this was provided by Torani. They make delightful sauces and syrups that enhance your drinks and desserts.
I use Torani syrups frequently (their salted caramel syrup is a regular addition to my morning coffee). I love the taste and quality. I also appreciate what Torani stands for as a company. They are a certified B Corporation, a company dedicated to balancing purpose and profit.
Learn more about Torani's products and purpose here:
- 1 tablespoons caramel sauce
- ½ cup good quality chocolate ice cream
- 1 shot steaming hot espresso or very strong coffee
- Drizzle caramel sauce around the sides of a glass.
- Add ice cream, trying not to smudge caramel.
- Pour espresso over ice cream.
Flavors of Fall Week Recipes
Thursday Fall Recipes
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash Fries with Parmesan Garlic Dipping Sauce by Big Bears Wife
- Apple Ginger Oat Tassies by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Apple Sidecar Cocktail by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Butternut Squash & Pear Risotto by Sweet Beginnings
- Caramelized Pear Baked Oatmeal by Frugal & Fit
- Chocolate Caramel Affogato by That Recipe
- Easy Yam Souffle by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Maple Cake with Maple Glaze by Eat Move Make
- Make The Perfect Cup of Apple Cider Hot Tea by Intelligent Domestications
- Pickled Cabbage by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Sweet Potato and Parsnip by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Slow Cooker Loaded Potatoes by Blogghetti
- Sweet Potato Dinner Rolls by Cookaholic Wife
- Sweet Potato Haupia by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks