Need a fun recipe for a Halloween party? These Cream Cheese Wonton Bats make a simple and festive Halloween appetizer.
Wow them at your next Halloween party with these cute bat appetizers. They are simply cream cheese wontons, folded over to look like bats.
I served them at our annual neighborhood Halloween block party and they disappeared pretty quickly.
Options for Wonton Bats
Wonton bats are simple to make and versatile too.
I baked mine because I did not have enough oil in the house to fry them.
You only need to fry them for a few minutes, just until the wontons crisp up so they do not absorb a lot of fat.
If you have an air fryer, it would be ideal for these.
You can make them ahead of time and re-crisp them in the oven or air fryer for a few minutes before serving.
Halloween Party Recipes
- Cream Cheese Wonton Bats by That Recipe
- Easy Mummy Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Graveyard Cupcakes by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Halloween Rice Krispie Treats by Family Around the Table
- Meringue Ghost Cookies by Art of Natural Living
- Pasta and Eyeballs by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Cream Cheese Wonton Bats
- 1 package wonton wrappers (gluten free if desired)
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1-2 green onions (finely chopped)
- hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- oil for frying (optional)
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- Set aside 2 heaping tablespoons of cream cheese. In a medium bowl beat together the remaining cream cheese, green onions and a few dashes of hot pepper sauce until blended.
- Place a teaspoon of cream cheese mixture in the center of a wonton wrapper.
- Dip fingers in a small cup of water and moisten around the cream cheese. Fold into a triangle and press to seal. Fold the middle corner down, moistening if needed to get it to stick.
- To Bake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place wontons on sheet and spray lightly. Bake until lightly brown on the outside.To Fry: Heat oil to 375 degrees. Slide wontons into the oil a few at a time and cook until wontons are crispy on the outside 2-3 minutes.
- Stick the olive slices on with cream cheese for the eyes.