If you need a quick and easy meatless meal, this Fettuccine with Mushrooms is a delicious choice that cooks up in about 15 minutes. Perfect for busy weeknights and tired cooks.
Most people immediately think of Alfredo sauce when they hear fettuccine. It is one of my favorite dishes, but traditional Alfredo sauce is loaded with heavy cream and loads of Parmesan. I have a vegan "fauxFredo" recipe using white beans and loads of garlic that may also interest you. Don't feel limited to fettuccine with this dish either; spaghetti, angel hair, even some rotini or penne would be fine.
This recipe is a simple saute of mushrooms and garlic with some Parmesan and basil added at the end. No fuss no muss. It is meatless, but would be scrumptious with some grilled chicken slices, or maybe even some bacon or ham.
Fettuccine with Mushrooms
- 16 ounce fettuccine (uncooked)
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic (minced)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup vegetable broth (preferably organic)
- ¼ cup pasta cooking liquid (see step 1)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil (divided use)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (divided use)
- Prepare fettuccine according to package directions. Drain, but save about ¼ cup of the cooking liquid for the sauce.
- While the fettuccine is cooking, heat olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute or just until garlic starts to turn golden brown.
- Add mushrooms and onion powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms start to release liquid and change color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add reserved pasta cooking liquid and vegetable broth and continue cooking until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in half the fresh basil and Parmesan cheese and cook until the cheese is melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour sauteed mushroom mixture over the cooked fettuccine pasta. Toss to combine. Serve immediately with remaining fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.