This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
French Silk Tartlets have a rich tart pastry and with a decadent chocolate filling.
Be sure to scroll past the recipe to enter the Spring Sweets Week Giveaway and for more Spring Sweets recipes.
You can make this into a single 10" tart, but I opted for single serving size made in cupcake tins because....
This is where I should put in a plug for my Small Treats: Cupcakes, Tartlets and other mini Treats e-cookbook available on Amazon... except I haven't finished it yet.
Yet another victim of Covid-19: three people working and studying from home. My husband's college mathematics students and son's school work get priority on the computers right now. That's okay, when I finally finish it will be even more amazing! haha!
For Spring Sweets Week, I topped these with mini chocolate eggs and some Spring it On Sprinkles from Fresh April Sprinkles.
But you could leave them plain or dollop on some whipped cream as is traditional with French Silk pies.
Made special thanks to Deiss Kitchenware and Fresh April Sprinkles
Deiss Kitchenware is a small, family driven company that believes it’s easy to cook with pleasure when you have the right tools. This company will bend over backwards to make you happy and the president of the company will even answer your letters! They create easy to use, innovative, and reliable products for use in your kitchen.
I used their pastry blender to easily put together the crust. I also have their peeler which is a dream to use for peeling and grating vegetables.
To learn more about the company and the products they sell visit https://deisskitchenware.de/.
Fresh April Sprinkles was founded in the summer of 2019 by Lynn April who runs the food blog Fresh April Flours. They produce small batch, hand blended sprinkles, like the Spring It On blend used in this recipe, in a suburb outside of Philadelphia. Sprinkle blends are carefully crafted with beautiful desserts in mind and can be custom blended just for you!
Visit https://freshaprilsprinkles.com to see the collection of sprinkles available or to find recipes from Lynn!
- 1 recipe Rich Tart Pastry (below)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces
- ⅓ cup butter
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons creme de cacao or extra whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out pastry dough to ¼ inch thick. Cut 5 inch circles and gently slide into the cups of a cupcake pan. Prick with a fork and bake until golden, about 10 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine 1 cup whipping cream, chocolate, butter and sugar stirring constantly until the chocolate is melted. Remove from heat.
- Add egg yolks to a small bowl. Pour about a third of the mixture into the yolks and whisk together. Pour this back into the saucepan and stir to combine.
- Cook over medium-low heat until the mixture is slightly thickened and begins to bubble, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in creme de cacao or extra whipping cream. Place the pan in a bowl of ice water, stirring occasionally until the mixture is cool and stiffened.
- Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Fill pastry shells and chill for at least 5 hours.
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup cold butter, cut up
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon ice water
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour and sugar. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender (or two knives) until the butter is pea-sized.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolks and ice water. Gradually stir into the flour mixture. Use fingers to gently press together just until a ball forms.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30-60 minutes.
- Roll, fill and bake as directed in the recipe.
Spring Sweets WeekWelcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2020 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks! What better way to celebrate the warmer weather and flowers blooming than with food and a fun giveaway? 27 bloggers from around the country have come together to share over 100 sweet recipes perfect for spring! So stop thinking about cold and snow and get ready to enjoy the best spring sweets like cupcakes, cookies, brownies, pies, and even beverages! Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you so much to Dixie Crystals, Millican Pecan, Door County Coffee, Anolon, Deiss Cookware, Adams Extract, and Fresh April Sprinkles for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway below and would love if you would take a moment to read about it and the prizes you can win!
Friday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole by Fresh April Flours
- Buttermilk Birthday Cake with Creamy Chocolate Frosting by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Caramel Pecan Cannoli by Palatable Pastime
- Carrot Cake Muffins by Books n' Cooks
- Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread by Shockingly Delicious
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Almond Truffles by Family Around the Table
- Disney Spring Treat Lemon Cheesecake by Simply Inspired Meals
- French Silk Tartlets by That Recipe
- Gluten Free Blackberry Mocha Brownies by Frugal & Fit
- Hummingbird Pancakes with Homemade Pineapple Syrup and Candied Pecans by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Lemon Blueberry Fritters by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Lemon Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze by Blogghetti
- Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream with Strawberries by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Lemon Poppy Seed Poke Cake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Lemon Poppyseed Bars by Cookaholic Wife
- PEEPS Crispy Treats by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Raspberry Moscow Mule Cupcakes by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Raspberry Rosé Cupcakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Spring Cut Out Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Banana Bread with Cinnamon Chips by Sweet Beginnings
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes by Jen Around the World
- Strawberry Rhubarb Bread by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Strawberry Shortbread Bars by A Savory Feast
- Vegan Lemon Berry Sweet Rolls by The Baking Fairy
More Chocolate Pie recipes
This recipe is intended for individuals ages 21 & up. Please drink responsibly.
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Millican Pecan, Door County Coffee & Tea Co., Anolon, Fresh April Sprinkles, Deiss Kitchenware, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own.
The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway.
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.