Do you have varied tastes in your house and struggle to prepare something everyone will like? Even with just 2 of us for dinner most nights it can be a challenge. This Mom does not want mac and cheese or plain cheese pizza every night. These Mini Quiches are quick and easy to make and each person can make them just the way they want.
If you have never made one before, quiche might sound intimidating. It's French so it has to be haute cuisine and complicated, right?
WRONG! Quiche is nothing more than a simple pie crust (store bought is fine) filled with some milk and eggs whisked together. Then you add whatever other fillings you'd like. Bake for 25-30 minutes and voila, a simple meal perfect for I don't wanna cook nights.
The recipe below makes one 9" single crust pie, or 9 mini quiches using my "oh so expensive" mini pie pans...
Yup, mason jar rings. You only use the rings not the lids. Put them on a flat baking pan (speaking from experience here) and they work beautifully.
[click_to_tweet tweet="These Mini Quiches are a great option to please a variety of tastes (and they are easy too) #quicherecipe #masonjarlids" quote="These Mini Quiches are a great option to please a variety of tastes (and they are easy too) " theme="style2"]
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 unbaked single 9" pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place nine mason jar lids upside down on a flat baking sheet. Spray inside the rim of the lid and the baking sheet inside the jar lid with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll crust as for a pie. Cut into 3.75 - 4" circles (one inch larger than your jar lids). Line each jar lid with pie crust. Put baking sheet in fridge to keep the crusts cool.
- Prepare fillings, if needed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Add a little salt and pepper.
- Add fillings to each pie crust. Only fill about ½ way leaving room for the egg mixture.
- Pour egg mixture in each pie crust just below the rim. DO NOT fill to the top unless you have a very steady hand when putting it in the oven (learn from my mistakes) Gently move fillings with fork to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the center is set.
- cheese (Parmesan, cheddar, Swiss, Gruyere, Monterey Jack, etc.)
- cooked meat (bacon, sausage, ham, pepperoni, etc.)
- cooked seafood (crab, shrimp, lobster)
- vegetables cooked or uncooked (if you like them crunchy don't pre-cook, if you want them a bit softer, cook them a little before adding to the custard mixture).
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Gina from Moneywise Moms (Blog)**
**Amanda from The Mommy Mix (Blog)**
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)**
**Dina from Savvy in the Kitchen**
**Ashley from Forgetful Momma (Blog)**
**Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas (Blog)**
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
I am new this week. Thanks for hosting. Enjoy your week!
Thanks for joining us, Marilyn. I will go find your links. 🙂
Kellie - Hooray for Moms
Yum! I love quiche - so delish and healthy too!
They were certainly a lot of fun in the mini version.
Amethyst | One Sage Mama
Quiches are a favorite at our house. I'll definitely be making these for Easter. Xx
I was thrilled my son enjoyed them.
I love these mini quiches. I have a weakness when it comes to breakfast dishes. I like that they can be customized to each individual. I Shared & Pinned. Thank you for hosting at Happiness is Homemade.
Customization is important in my house or I learn to eat everything PLAIN!