With all of the holiday planning and eating, could you use and easy and healthy dinner? This Pomegranate Glazed Chicken is beautiful, tasty and easy.
This is a beautifully simple recipe. The tangy sweet taste of the pomegranate syrup infused with fresh rosemary creates a lovely red hued glaze that enlivens the grilled chicken.
Options for Pomegranate Glazed Chicken
If it too cold to grill outside, an indoor grill or even the broiler will help caramelize the syrup.
- ½ cup pomegranate syrup (or jelly)
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 4 pieces chicken breasts or thighs
- Preheat grill.
- In a small saucepan heat pomegranate syrup and rosemary sprig, simmer at least 5 minutes with the grill is preheating.
- If using chicken breasts, pound flat to ensure even cooking.
- Put chicken on the grill, cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Turn over and spread about a tablespoon of pomegranate syrup on the cooked side. Cook 4-5 minutes.
- Flip over again, turning at a 45 degree angle to make hash marks. Spread syrup on the top. Cook 1-2 minutes only!
- Flip over turning at a 45 degree angle and cook again for 1-2 minutes.
- Drizzle additional syrup over the top when serving if desired.