Have you ever heard of Yeasted Waffles? Sometimes they are called Raised Waffles or Overnight Waffles. They are crispy on the outside and so fluffly and airy on the inside you might not go back to baking soda waffles again.
I was looking for another recipe when I stumbled on this one in my Cook’s Illustrated Cook Book (affiliate link). I am so glad I did. We devoured them for “brinner” Friday night. Brinner is what we call breakfast for dinner.
Normally, I am bad and don’t read through all of the instructions before starting a recipe. I knew the batter needed to sit in the fridge overnight, so I mixed it up and put it in my 1 quart batter bowl because it has a handy little snap tight lid. As I closed the cook book the words “BATTER WILL DOUBLE OVERNIGHT” jumped out at me.
I quickly poured the batter back into the cleaned mixing bowl and covered it with plastic wrap. Phew! Crisis averted!
The only other word of warning you might need is about the yeast. I bake bread a lot so I don’t even mess with those little 3 packet envelopes. But, in case you do be sure to measure 1 1/2 teaspoons of yeast from one of the packets. Don’t use the whole packet or you could have batter all over your fridge.
We have a new co-host for the month of March!
Melissa from The Happy Idiot will be sharing this party on her blog every Tuesday in March and also helping pin any recipes that are linked up past #125!
We would ask you to please follow her on one of her social medias!
Thank you, Melissa, for joining us in March to co-host this party.
If you would like to be a co-host for this party, please email Tammy at email@example.com. You would post this party every Tuesday at 7 am Central Time and include an original recipe, a round-up of recipes, or your favorite features from this party along with the link-up. We also may need your help pinning up to 25 recipes to our party board every week.
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Danielle from Creatively Homespun (Blog)**
**Ashley from Forgetful Momma (Blog)**
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)**
**Dina from Savvy in the Kitchen**
**Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas (Blog)**
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.