Do you need a bright and simple salad to chase away the winter blues or dress up your holiday meal? This Orange and Fennel Salad is a winning combination.
It is best if you make the vinaigrette ahead of time and give the flavors time to blend. Just whisk together again before serving.
You will only need a small amount of the zest of lemon, lime and orange. I recommend zesting the entire fruit and freezing the excess in a plastic bag for future use.Deliciously bright and easy Orange and Fennel Salad with citrus vinaigrette. Click To Tweet
- 3 blood oranges or navel oranges peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 bulb fennel white part thinly sliced, fronds reserved for serving
- 1 head Romaine or other leafy green lettuce torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 2 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl and whisk together thoroughly to combine.
Arrange the Romaine or other lettuce leaves on each plate and top with alternating slices of fennel and orange.
Drizzle entire plate with citrus vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Top with chopped fennel fronds if desired. Serve immediately.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.