Calling all summer salad lovers! We've got a delicious and refreshing recipe for you to try: the Peach Blackberry Salad.
This dish is the perfect combination of sweet and savory, with the added bonus of captivating colors that will make any plate look like a feast. In this article, you'll learn how to make this delectable salad, and tips for making it your own.
Fresh is the name of the game for this salad. Fresh fruit, greens and herbs all combine for a lovely combination of flavors and textures that your taste buds will love.
For best results, prepare the vinaigrette the day before serving to give the flavors time to fully develop.
Ingredients and Variations for Peach Blackberry Salad
Spinach and arugula give this salad a nice balance of mild and lightly peppery greens. Alternative: greens of your choice (romaine, watercress, chard, escarole, etc.)
Peaches and blackberries are in the name, but swap in other fruit as desired. Apricots or plums for the peaches and any other berry for the blackberries.
Fresh basil is perfect to pair with the fruit, cheese and greens. But, you may prefer mint, thyme or tarragon instead.
Olive oil, champagne vinegar, honey and mustard are classic vinaigrette ingredients. The honey balances the tart vinegar and, along with the mustard, helps to emulsify the dressing so it doesn't separate upon standing. Swap out your favorite salad oil and mild vinegar as desired.
Walnuts and goat cheese add a little protein and saltiness which, again, balances the sweet and tangy flavors. Use pecans or other nuts and a mild soft cheese. Or you could go for a strong flavor like blue cheese if you prefer.
More Fresh Fruits and Vegetable Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
Summer is my favorite time for eating fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables. Here are some delicious recipes for using all of that beautiful summer produce:
Fresh Fruits and Veggies
- Arugula Pear Salad with Goat Cheese from Art of Natural Living
- Cherry Almond Pie from Magical Ingredients
- Fruit Salad with Mojito Dressing from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Greek Caprese Salad from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Hawaiian Cole Slaw from Palatable Pastime
- Peach Blackberry Salad from That Recipe
- Tomato and Corn Chipotle Salsa from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Triple Berry Slab Pie Recipe from Blogghetti
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4-5 large blackberries
- 1 tablespoons fresh basil (roughly chopped)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 large ripe peaches (sliced)
- 1 cups blackberries (washed and patted dry)
- ½ cups walnuts or pecans (roughly chopped)
- 4 ounces goat cheese (crumbled)
- fresh basil sprigs (for garnish)
Blackberry Basil Vinaigrette
- Add the olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, blackberries, and basil to a food processor container.
- Process on high until thoroughly emulsified. Taste and add additional honey, salt, and/or black pepper, if desired. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve (best if prepared a day in advance)
Peach Blackberry Salad
- Add the spinach and arugula to a large bowl and toss to combine. Transfer to a serving platter and top with sliced peaches, fresh blackberries, nuts, and goat cheese.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh basil and drizzle some of the blackberry-basil vinaigrette on top.
- Serve immediately with remaining vinaigrette on the side.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Summer Salad Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!