Melon Pineapple Fruit Salad is a colorful fruit salad bursting with a variety of tastes and textures making it a delicious accent to any meal.
This recipe is my version of a fruit salad that used to be served at the Café Bahia in San Diego, California. Or maybe it was a salsa. It was served at the brunch buffet as well as on Mexican and Barbecue nights.
While I am not normally a fan of precut fruit, in this instance it can make your life easier. I usually buy a pre-cut tray and cut the melon and pineapple up into smaller pieces while I munch on the grapes.
If you are planning to make enough to feed a crowd and want to be a bit more cost effective (but slightly more labor intensive) buy a mini-watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew and pineapple.
Variation: Melon Pineapple Salsa
This recipe can easily be turned into a salsa by chopping everything smaller and adding some freshly chopped jalapeno.
I'd start with half a pepper and add more after letting it sit for an hour or so if you want it hotter.
More Brunch Recipes
Join us this week as we celebrate #BrunchWeek hosted by Christie at A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures. We'll have loads of recipes including beverages, egg dishes, salads, breads and desserts.
Wednesday #BrunchWeek Recipes
- Pink Pineapple Vodka Cocktail from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Tipsy Iced Coffee from Jolene's Recipe Journal
Appetizers and Salads
- Labneh Launji Crostini from Magical Ingredients
- Roasted Tomato Caprese from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spicy Melon Pineapple Fruit Salad from That Recipe
Breads, Grains, and Cereals
- Aebleskivers: Danish Pancake Balls from Art of Natural Living
- Easy GF Banana Bread from Frugal & Fit
- Peaches and Cream Pancakes from Palatable Pastime
- Pecan Baked Oatmeal from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Tart Cherry Crumb Muffins from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Eggs Benedict Waffle Fries from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Hearty Brunch Bagel Sandwich from Jen Around the World
- Individual Breakfast Pizza from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Sausage Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole from Kathryn's Kitchen Blog
- 1 cup watermelon (cut in ½ inch cubes)
- 1 cup honeydew melon (cut in ½ inch cubes)
- 1 cup cantelope (cut in ½ inch cubes)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple (cut in ½ inch cubes)
- 1 cup red onion (diced)
- ¼ cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar (or other mild vinegar)
- Combine all ingredients plus any juices leftover from cutting the fruit in a bowl and refrigerate at least one hour to allow flavors to blend.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Fruity Salad Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!