Spicy, sweet, and tangy - it's no surprise that peach strawberry salsa is one of the hottest summer dishes around.
This unique and flavorful combination of fruits, vegetables, and spices is the perfect accompaniment to just about any dish. From fish tacos to grilled chicken, peach strawberry salsa is a surefire way to give your meal a boost!
With only a handful of ingredients and simple instructions, you can have a tantalizing salsa ready to go in no time.
So if you're ready to get your fruit salsa fix, let's get cooking!
I love fresh fruit salsas.
They are so easy to make and the sweetness of the fruit helps balance out the heat. And of course making it yourself means you can have the freshest ingredients and customize it to your tastes.
The peaches and strawberries in this fruit salsa make it delicious to serve with chips or top some grilled fish and chicken.
How to peel peaches
If you use a vegetable peeler to peel the peaches, I won't say you are doing it wrong. It works and this is a judgement free zone.
I will say there is an easier way that removes just the peel and not any of the fruit. And it is as easy as boiling water.
Check out my 30 second You Tube video on how to blanch peaches (or tomatoes, plums, nectarines, and any other fruit with ultra thin skin).
- 6-8 large fresh peaches (skin and pit removed, chopped)
- ½ pound strawberries (hulled and diced)
- ½ cup red onions (diced)
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers (seeds removed and finely dieced)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves (chopped)
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients except cayenne. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Add cayenne pepper to taste before serving.
Sound fabulous? Share it!