In this simple Mango Salsa, the flavors of the sweet mangoes onions and peppers combine for a mouthwatering taste sensation.
Why do tomatoes get all of the salsa love? Add some peppers and onions and you can turn all kinds of fruit and vegetables into a delicious condiment. Especially mangoes.
To my Midwestern friends, mangoes are a tropical fruit that is green on the outside with a sweet orange flesh on the inside. I do not mean bell peppers as some folks in other parts of the U.S. refer to them. Though this recipe also uses red bell peppers, just to confuse you.
Like most salsas, this is easy to prepare. Just chop, mix and chill. It is best if you make it a bit ahead of time to let the flavors fully develop... if you can wait.
You can serve this as a salsa with chips or tacos, etc. Or try it as a spicy fruit salad. Yes, I went there. No regrets!
National Tortilla Chip Day
We are celebrating National Tortilla Chip Day with recipes for and with tortilla chips.
- How to Make Homemade Tortilla Chips by Family Around the Table
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Cheese Nachos by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Jalapeno Salsa by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Migas | Tex-Mex Scrambled Eggs by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Mango Salsa by That Recipe
- The Best Homemade Queso by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Chicken Tortilla Chip Casserole by Making Miracles
- Tropical Salsa by Magical Ingredients
- Tortilla Crusted Baked Marinated Pork Chops by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- 2 medium mangoes (diced)
- 1 medium red bell peppers (seeds removed, diced)
- ½ red onion (diced)
- ½ jalapeno pepper (minced)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and cayenne (red pepper) (to taste)
- Gently toss all ingredients except salt and cayenne together. Chill, covered in refrigerator for 2 hours or more.
- Add seasonings to taste before serving.
More Salsa Recipes
Until next time, happy eating.
Easy Peasy Life Matters
We LOVE mangoes around here! This salsa sounds delicious 🙂 Thanks so much for hosting! Have a good one!
Thanks for partying with us.
Jean | DelightfulRepast.com
Audrey, that mango salsa sounds like the perfect salsa for a Mexican-style barbecue this summer. Must pick up a couple of mangos!
Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe at the #RecipeSharingParty! I hope to see you next week. Pinned and Yummed. Please visit #OverTheMoon on Sunday or #WonderfulWednesday for more sharing fun! Don't forget to Comment your link #'s so I can be sure to visit and you get a chance to be featured! Stumbled as a bonus today!
This sounds yummy! I love mangoes and salsa! Thanks for sharing 🙂
It was a great blend of flavors.
Thank you so much for linking at #overthemoon! I look forward to seeing what you share every week. Please come back for #WonderfulWednesday or #ThursdayFavoriteThings. Don't forget to comment your link #'s so I can be sure to visit and you get a chance to be featured! Pinned and shared.
Leigh Powell Hines
This looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing on Small Victories LinkUp
Thanks for hosting a great party, Leigh.
Colleen - Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck
What a vibrant and absolutely delicious-sounding salsa! Can't wait to give this one a try!
The flavors of this salsa hit the right spot for me. I love fresh salsa and would love to have a bowl of this wonderful salsa.
I love fruity salsas! This looks delicious and nutritious. Love your explanation to midwesterners, lol.
We love mango salsa and this version sounds wonderful.
I love sweet and spicy salsas because it gives them a nice dimensional and it's perfect for the hot then the cool.