Bacon Bloody Mary Stuffed Celery takes the flavors of a Virgin Mary and twists them around for a simple but flavorful appetizer.
When Christie challenged us to try a new twist on a traditional Bloody Mary recipe I came up with this recipe. I also had a party to go to and 3 heads of celery from Harvest2U (my local CSA).
I will be honest, I didn't like the taste of the filling by itself. I thought it was oddly sweet. Not because of any added sweetener, it's just from the tomato paste. HOWEVER, when filled into the celery sticks and sprinkled with a little bacon crumbles it all came together and was delicious.
Bloody Mary Recipes from Our Dinner Table
We've got a few cocktails and a few appetizer inspired by the famous drink. Salut!
- Bloody Maria Cocktail by Family Around the Table
- Bloody Mary Stuffed Celery by That Recipe
- Bloody Mary Wings by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Wasabi Mary by Karen's Kitchen Stories
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Bacon Bloody Mary Stuffed Celery
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasonings (or other seasoned salt)
- hot sauce to taste
- 1-2 heads celery (cut into 4 inch lengths)
- ¼ cup crumbled bacon
- Combine all ingredients except celery and bacon in the food processor and puree until smooth. Taste with a piece of celery and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Fill celery sticks with filling and arrange on serving plate. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- Alternatively you can put the filling in a bowl, top with bacon and serve celery on sticks on the side for dipping.
These look delicious! The bacon on top along with the spicy cheese sounds amazing.
I love easy recipes and this looks delicious. Perfect for a brunch or game day gathering.
Tomato paste is rather sweet, but I imagine the bacon crumbles and crisp celery complement the filling delicious! Looks like a perfect snack for New Years or awards ceremonies.