This Spicy Sweet Pickle Relish adds a zesty kick to all of your recipes, and make a wonderful gift from your garden.
If you have never made pickles before, fear not! Relish is simple to make and there is no need to worry about making sure the slices or spears are crispy like you do with my brother’s Red Hot Pickles.
This recipe is a small-ish batch that makes about 3 pints. If you are canning them you can use 6 half pints instead or double the recipe. For detailed water bath canning instructions, consult the experts at Ball (not a sponsor, these are the instructions I always use for canning).This spicy Sweet Pickle relish is a delicious addition to burgers, hot dogs, tuna salads and so much more. Click To Tweet
- 2 medium-large chopped cucumbers
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup cider vinegar
In a food processor, rough chop the cucumber, onions and pepper to desired size. Put in a bowl and add salt. Cover with cold water and let stand 2 hours.
Drain and rinse vegetables several times.
In a large saucepan, combine remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Add vegetables, simmer for 10 minutes.
Pack into hot sterilized jars and process in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes. Or you can store in the refrigerator. Let sit at least 2 weeks (4-6 is better) before consuming, for best flavor.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.