Asparagus Beef is a quick and easy stir fry of asparagus and thinly sliced beef that makes a great meal when asparagus is in season.
I always forget how fast and easy this is to make. The cutting will take longer than the cooking, and you will still probably be out of the kitchen in less than 30 minutes. Definitely a weeknight meal possibility.
Try to get the smallest skinniest stalks of asparagus that you can, and discard (compost or save for stock) the hard ends. Flank steak can be tough and since this is a quick cook no marinade recipe you may want to pound the steak before cutting to tenderize it a bit.
[clickToTweet tweet=”This flavorful stir fry will have you out of the kitchen in less than 30 minutes. #chinesefood #recipes” quote=”This flavorful stir fry will have you out of the kitchen in less than 30 minutes. ” theme=”style2″]
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce divided use
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon oil divided use
- 2 lb asparagus stalks
- 3/4 cups beef or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Cut beef into strips, season with 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
- Wash the asparagus and cut diagonally into 1 1/2 inch lengths.
- Mix garlic into the black bean sauce and crush with remaining soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon oil to make a sauce.
- Heat wok and add 1 teaspoon oil. Saute asparagus for 1 minute, add beef and sauté until brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add the sauce mixture and bring to a boil. Add stock and thicken with cornstarch, simmer for about 1 minute. Serve with rice or noodles
Until next time, happy eating.