I love wraps, particularly chicken wraps. They make a quick and easy meal when it is too hot to cook or those nights when you are trying to cram in too many activities and want to eat NOW! Throw in some bacon and ranch and a whole bunch of veggies – mmmmm!
Don’t like ranch dressing or bacon (gasp!) don’t use it. Want some avocados or fresh cilantro? add it. I think this Ginger Salad Dressing would be delicious on top, maybe with matchstick carrots and some cucumber added in for extra crunch.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Quick and Healthy Bacon Ranch Chicken Wraps are great for those too hot or too busy to cook nights. #chickenwraps #easydinner” quote=”Quick and Healthy Bacon Ranch Chicken Wraps are great for those too hot or too busy to cook nights.” theme=”style2″]
Bacon Ranch Chicken Wraps
- 8 pieces bacon (pork, turkey, beef, tempeh)
- 4 8" tortillas or wraps (some suggestions: spinach, sun dried tomato, whole wheat, gluten-free)
- 8 ounce cooked chicken breast (sliced or diced)
- 8 lettuce leaves or handful of spinach for each wrap
- 1/2 red onion (cut into slices)
- 6 ounce shredded cheese (Monterey, provolone, cheddar, etc.)
- 4 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1 large tomato (diced)
- avocado (sliced)
- fresh herbs such as cilantro (parsley or basil)
- Cook bacon until just getting crispy. I like to do mine in the broiler while I chop up the other ingredients, just check on it every few minutes.
- To assemble, place wrap on a smooth surface and top with lettuce or spinach leaves.
- Add chicken, bacon, tomato and cheese on top of the lettuce, making sure to evenly distribute across the length of the wrap.
- Fold the top and bottom of the wrap over the filling about 1". Gently roll the wrap over the assembled ingredients and continue rolling until you reach the other side.
- Cut rolled wrap in half and secure each side with a toothpick. Repeat.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.