Baked Pork Chops with Apples and Walnuts combines all of the delicious flavors of baked apple with juicy pork chops for a quick healthy meal.
I am always searching for new simple ways to serve pork chops and chicken breasts. Both are great sources of lean protein and are easily adaptable to a multitude of flavors.
For many Americans of my generation, pork chops and applesauce is a classic combination thanks to the Brady Bunch. But, apples and pork do pair well together. Especially when you add a little walnuts, brown sugar and cinnamon to the mix. Simple but full of flavor. And table ready in about 30 minutes.
Fall Apple Recipess
What else do apples pair with? The bloggers of the #OurFamilyTable group are posting apple recipes today, so hop on over to see what they made as well. There's a little something for everyone.
- Apple Cider Old Fashion by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Apple Coffee Cake by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Apple-Stuffed Delicata Squash by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Pork Chops and Apples by That Recipe
- Easy Apple Buns by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Glazed Apple Pie Bars by Art of Natural Living
- Pork and Apple Kebabs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Sourdough Apple Bread by Karen's Kitchen Stories
Baked Pork Chops with Apples and Walnuts
- 4 1-inch thick pork chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 apples
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Melt the olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper and brown on both sides.
- While pork is browning, peel, core, and chop the apples. Chop the walnuts. Combine.
- Spread the apples and walnuts on top of and around the pork chops in the pan.
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the apples.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes. Bone in pork chops will take about 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
If you want more easy weeknight meals like this, become a member today for FREE and get access to member's only content like this Dinner in 30 Minutes e-guide.