Biscuits and Country Gravy are a scrumptious comfort food pair that are perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
In honor of Mom’s first birthday in heaven, I am refreshing this post for one of her favorite comfort foods. She rarely made it at home because she hated making gravy. But, she definitely ordered it whenever it was on the menu when we went out to eat.
You can find Cousin Linda’s biscuit recipe here. Or use your own favorite recipe or buy the refrigerator ones at the store. But, Linda’s recipe is pretty awesome.
Traditional Southern Country Gravy made with sausage or bacon. Great on biscuits, country fried steak, etc.
- 1 pound sausage or bacon
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3-4 cups milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop bacon or crumble sausage depending on which you are using. Cook in a large saucepan over medium. DO NOT pour off grease.
- Add flour gradually, stirring constantly. Cook for a minute or two.
- Gradually whisk in 3 cups of milk. Cook until gravy thickens. Add additional milk to thin as needed.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.