Need a last minute appetizer? These Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers come together in under 15 minutes, but the bright colors and bold flavors are sure to impress your guests.
If you don’t have the bacon pre-cooked this will take a bit longer, 4-5 minutes longer – tops. For fastest cooking chop up the raw bacon and quickly saute it in a small skillet. Then proceed with the rest of the recipe.
You can also prep these ahead of time and just pop the under the broiler right before serving.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers are a quick appetizer with bold colors and flavors. Perfect for summer entertaining! #appetizerrecipes #easyappetizers #summerentertaining” quote=”Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers are a quick appetizer with bold colors and flavors. Perfect for summer entertaining! ” theme=”style2″]
3 Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers
- 1 bag mini sweet peppers in assorted colors
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 6 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (stems removed)
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 ounce hard Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- Set oven to High Broil. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- Wash peppers and pat dry. Cut each pepper in half lengthwise, leaving the stem intact. Remove seeds and membranes from each pepper half and discard.
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, ricotta cheese, thyme leaves and bacon and sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- With a small spoon, fill each pepper half with the cheese and bacon mixture and arrange on the baking sheet covered.
- Top each stuffed pepper half with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Broil for approximately 5 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown and peppers start to blister.
- Remove from oven and place on a serving plate. Serve immediately.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.