I received compensation from Republic of Tea for this post. The recipe and opinions are my own.
This Cranberry Walnut Salad is made extra flavorful thanks to a homemade vinaigrette dressing made with caramel apple tea.
This post is part of Flavors of Fall Week. Be sure to keep scrolling to see all of today’s fabulous recipes and to enter the giveaway thanks to our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Torani, Republic of Tea, Taylor & Colledge, and Nairn’s.
Some people are shocked that I do not buy salad dressing. I do not see a reason too. All you need is a little oil and vinegar and some maybe some other ingredients like herbs or mustard, etc. and you can easily create your own in a few minutes
Republic of Tea
For this dressing, I used tea to help flavor it instead of herbs. Specifically Caramel Apple Tea from Republic of Tea. After I made it I promptly hid the container of tea to save for my son and I to enjoy when the weather finally cools off.
Republic of Tea’s mission is:
Our mission was—and is—to see these teas steaming in the cups of men, women and children everywhere, and to emphasize a Sip by Sip Rather Than Gulp by Gulp lifestyle.Republic of Tea
I love this philosophy and need to adopt it more into my life. Slow down and savor instead of rush rush rush.
And their teas really should be sipped and savored because they are so wonderful. My guys and I will be having some “manly” tea parties this fall with the Caramel Apple and Apple Cider flavors of tea as well as some homemade scones if they have their way.
Learn more about Republic of Tea and check out all of their tasty flavors here:
This salad is bursting with fall flavors like arugula, dried cranberries, walnuts and of course the homemade caramel apple tea vinaigrette dressing.
- 1 caramel apple tea bag or other flavor tea of choice
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- seasoned salt
- 1 bunch arugula washed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 2-3 cups mixed salad greens washed and torn into bite sized pieces
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese shaved or grated
In a small saucepan bring the vinegar to a boil. Add tea bag and remove from heat to let steep 5 minutes.
In a small saute pan, combine olive oil and walnuts and heat to medium high. Sprinkle the nuts with seasoned salt and toast a few minutes until just turning golden brown. Watch carefully and stir a few times to keep from scorching. Remove from heat.
Add arugula and lettuce to salad bowl, top with toasted walnuts, cranberries, and parmesan.
Pour tea infused vinegar into a ½ pint jar, squeezing the tea bag to release as much liquid as possible. Add remaining vinaigrette ingredients and shake vigorously to combine. Pour over salad, toss to combine and serve.
Flavors of Fall Week Giveaway and Recipes
The wonderful #FallFlavors sponsors have donated some awesome prizes for our readers to win. They, in conjunction with our participating bloggers and event hosts, Family Around the Table, A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures, and Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks invite you to enter the giveaway through the widget below. There are many opportunities to enter!
Dixie Crystals Sugar wants your baking to be sweet. They are giving away a set of OXO Good Grips 3 piece Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls.
Take dinner to a whole new level with a variety box of fresh produce from Melissa’s. Here’s an opportunity to try some fruits and vegetables you may not otherwise have in your local market.
One lucky winner will receive a goodie box with a variety of Nairn’s gluten-free products. Enjoy them for a snack or use them in creative ways for meals and desserts.
This giveaway will have multiple winners. Giveaway open to US residents only who are 18 years of age and older. Winners have 24 hours to respond to email notification. If there is no response prize is forfeited and a new winner will be chosen. Void where prohibited. Prize fulfillment handled by the sponsor. Neither hosts nor participant bloggers are responsible for prize fulfillment. No purchase necessary. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or any other social channel mentioned in the posts or entry.
Wednesday Fall Recipes
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Spice Donut Drops by Daily Dish Recipes
- Almond Shortbread Cookies by Take Two Tapas
- Apple Cider Mule by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Apple Cider Palmer by The Spiffy Cookie
- Baked Pumpkin Donut Bites by Cookaholic Wife
- Baked Sweet Potato Chips by An Affair from the Heart
- Bread Pudding with Crème Anglaise by Palatable Pastime
- Caramel Apple Bourbon Hot Toddy by Family Around the Table
- Caramel Apple Pie Ice Cream by Eat Move Make
- Caramel Apple Tea Cake by Big Bears Wife
- Cheddar Butternut Squash & Black Bean Chowder by Savory Moments
- Cranberry Walnut Salad with Caramel Apple Tea Vinaigrette by That Recipe
- Crispy Smashed Dutch Potatoes by Books n’ Cooks
- Easy Ginger Cookie Truffles by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Glazed Cherry Pie Bars by Art of Natural Living
- Hasselback Sweet Potatoes by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Lemon Lavender Scones by Blogghetti
- Meyer Lemon Lavender Cupcakes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mini Apple Crisp by Simple and Savory
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pie by Lemon Blossoms
- Roasted Maple Drenched Apple Pork Tenderloin Easy Recipe by Intelligent Domestications
- Roasted Sunchokes, Potatoes and Mushrooms by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Salted Caramel Swirl Chocolate Chip Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spiced Apple Cider Mini Cheesecakes by Sweet Beginnings
- Sweet Potato Tart by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Thank you #FallFlavors Week Sponsors: Melissa’s Produce, Dixie Crystals, Torani, Republic of Tea, Taylor & Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #FallFlavors Week recipes. All opinions are my own.
The #FallFlavors Week giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected.
The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #FallFlavors Week Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors Week posts or entry.