This Creamy Three Cheese Kale Dip is an ooey gooey hot appetizer bursting with rich flavor perfect for your next party.
I am at the time of year when I need to get creative with kale since we are getting it every week in our CSA basket. And, if I am being honest, I am not a big green smoothie fan. There I said! Judge me if you will.
Don’t let the length of the ingredient list intimidate you. You probably have most if not all of the ingredients in your kitchen, and the recipe itself is so simple.
This is a thick dip so you need something hearty to stand up to it. I devoured it with some red quinoa chips, but you could also use tortilla chips, pita chips, baguette slices, etc. Save your dainty “lady chips” for another occasion.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Need a delicious and hearty dip to serve at your next gathering? This kale dip is loaded with three cheese and plenty of creamy goodness. #recipes #kale ” quote=”Need a delicious and hearty dip to serve at your next gathering? This kale dip is loaded with three cheese and plenty of creamy goodness. ” theme=”style3″]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 8 cups kale ribs removed, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce more or less to taste
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 1 1/2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender, 3-4 minutes.
Add kale and cook until wilted, about 8-10 minutes
In large bowl, beat cream cheese, mayonnaise and milk until smooth.
Add salt, pepper and hot sauce.
In a small bowl combine the cheddar, Monterey Jack and Parmesan cheeses
Add kale mixture and 1/2 of the cheese to the cream cheese mixture.
Spoon into prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese
Bake uncovered until golden and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
If you have ever considered hosting a party — and you post regularly about food, then we want you to join us!
This is what is required to be a host of Tasty Tuesday parties:
You are committing to posting every Tuesday at 8 am EST a recipe post (either a recipe, a round-up of recipes, or features from the previous party) and pinning 25 recipes that are linked up to this party to our Tasty Tuesday’s board. You would be part of our Facebook group where you would receive the scripts and be assigned the numbers you would pin. Tammy’s email is email@example.com. Thank you!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.