Deliciously cheesy beef and bean chili dip makes any day a party. Easy to make and customize to your liking.
Here's another throwback recipe from my mom's original dot-matrix printed cookbook that eventually became this blog.
You can serve this in a bread bowl with bread pieces for dipping, or in a chafing dish or crock pot to keep it warm and serve with crackers or chips.
Beef and Bean Chili Dip Ingredients and Variations
Ground Beef - or ground pork or turkey. If you want to spice it up, use sausage.
Kidney Beans - or another canned bean if you prefer such as black beans or pinto beans. Just be sure NOT to drain them, you want the liquid in the recipe.
Tomato Sauce - the original recipe called for ketchup which sounds way to sweet to me, especially ½ cup. If you want to try it that way, be my guest.
Cheddar Cheese - cheddar is the quintessential cheese for chili for me, but you could use Monterey or pepper jack as well.
Other ingredients: onions, chili powder, cumin, salt and cayenne pepper.
More Tailgate Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
Football season is upon is which means tailgating time! Here are some recipes to serve whether you are partying in the parking lot before the game or watching it on tv from home.
- Air Fryer Pasta Chips from Jen Around the World
- Beef and Bean Chili Dip from That Recipe
- Bratwurst Burgers from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Caramelized Onion Dip from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Ćevapi with Shopska from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Cheeseburger Kabobs from Our Good Life
- Dill Pickle Popcorn from Palatable Pastime
- Honey Mustard Deviled Eggs from The Spiffy Cookie
- ½ pound ground beef or sausage
- ½ cup minced onion
- 15 ounce can red kidney beans, undrained
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- dash cayenne pepper
- ½ pound cheddar cheese (diced)
- Sauté beef or sausage in skillet until done and drain off fat. Add onion and cook until onion is translucent but not browned.
- Add beans with the liquid. Mash with a fork until blended with meat and onion.
- Add tomato sauce and spices. Simmer about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese and continue stirring until cheese is melted.
- Serve in chafing dish or crock pot with chips, crackers or French bread cubes as dippers.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Hot Party Dip Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!