This quick and easy appetizer is perfect for tail-gating parties and other informal gatherings. Just toss all the ingredients into a slow cooker crock, turn it on, and viola! You have a tasty and delicious dish your guests will love.
Serve this with carrots and celery as listed, and it would be equally delicious scooped it into a crusty bread bowl.
[click_to_tweet tweet="Kick up your party the easy way with this Buffalo Chicken Dip made in a slow cooker. Perfect for any party. #partyideas #hotappetizers " quote="Kick up your party the easy way with this Buffalo Chicken Dip made in a slow cooker. Perfect for any party. " theme="style2"]
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 stalks celery (very finely chopped)
- 2 eight ounce packages cream cheese
- ¾ cup Frank’s hot sauce
- 1 small jalapeno pepper (finely minced)
- 6 ounce crumbled blue cheese (divided)
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese (finely shredded)
- 3 green onions (tops sliced (optional))
- 1 small jalapeno (sliced (optional))
- Celery stalks
- Carrot sticks
- Season chicken breasts with salt and black pepper, to taste. Add chicken breasts, broth, celery, cream cheese, hot sauce, jalapeno pepper, and 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese to the crock of a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or 6-7 hours on low.
- 30 minutes before serving, remove lid and shred chicken using two forks. Add shredded Mozzarella cheese and stir to combine. Cover and continue cooking until cheese is completely melted.
- Garnish dip with remaining blue cheese, sliced green onions, or jalapeno, if desired. Keep warm and serve with celery stalks and carrot sticks.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Tammy from Creative K Kids (Blog)**
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)**
**Lisa from Blogghetti (Blog)**
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.
Thank you for hosting the party. Your slow cooker buffalo chicken dip looks fabulous. Enjoy your week.
Thank you so much for hosting again this week. You always do so much for bloggers! Have a relaxing week! I am off to see some posts. Looks like a lot of inspiration tonight.