This Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread is a dark chocolate lovers dream. And with the low fat and added nutrition from the applesauce and zucchini it is healthy treat as well.
Yes, I admit it. I may have failed to mention to my picky eater son that this bread had zucchini in it. And he devoured it. Sometimes a mom has to do what a mom has to do. But, you are welcome to full disclosure if you so desire.
Chocolate not your thing? How about lemon? I have made this Gluten Free Lemon Zucchini Bread a few times and it disappears just as fast.
Enjoy this deliciously dark low fat Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread without the guilt. #chocolate #zucchinibread #healthydessertClick To Tweet
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups packed shredded zucchini
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips divided
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add the eggs, apple sauce, vanilla extract. Stir until ingredients are wet, do not over mix.
Stir in the shredded zucchini and 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips until just combined.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips over the top of the bread. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out mostly clean.
Remove from oven and set on cooling rack and let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan and let cool completely before serving.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.