Need a quick and easy treat for the holidays? Whip up these Eggnog Scones with White Chocolate Drizzle to make a humdrum winter day more festive.
People are always impressed by homemade scones. Which is silly, they are so simple to make and easy to mix and match. If eggnog isn’t your thing, we have a few other scone recipes you may enjoy:
[clickToTweet tweet=”Make any humdrum winter day more festive with these easy Eggnog Scones. #christmas #eggnog #scones” quote=”Make any humdrum winter day more festive with these easy Eggnog Scones.” theme=”style1″]
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg plus more for decorating
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup egg nog
- 1 Large egg
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons egg nog
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg with a sifter or fine mesh strainer into a large bowl.
Use a pastry cutter or two forks to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until crumbly.
Measure eggnog and add egg. Whisk to combine.
Drizzle the cream mixture over the dry ingredients and stir gently just until combined. Press the mixture into a ball.
On a floured board press dough into a rectangle shape then roll to about 1/3" thick.
Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife cut into 6 rectangles, then cut those rectangles in half to form 12 triangles.
Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes until just turning brown. Move to a cooling rack and allow too cool completely.
Melt white chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. Beat in the 2 tablespoons of eggnog for several minutes. Drizzle over scones and sprinkle with additional nutmeg if desired.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.