If you are looking for a quick and easy meal bursting with flavor, may I recommend these Grilled Shrimp Tacos with a Spicy Lime Sauce.
This whole recipe takes less than 30 minutes to put together including mixing the sauce and grilling the shrimp. If you don’t have a grill (or don’t want to wait for it to heat up) just put the shrimp under the broiler and cook a few minutes a side.
I am teaming up with other Food Bloggers today for a virtual shout out to those effected by Hurricane Irma. Last week we had Texas recipes for Hurricane Harvey. This week we are featuring Caribbean, Florida and Georgia recipes.
We are encouraging everyone to donate to help these communities rebuild. Personally, I am splitting my contributions to the general funds of major charities (American Red Cross, Catholic Charities, etc.) in addition to a few Hurricane specific collections. Why? Two weeks ago everyone was donating to Hurricane Harvey specific charities. Then Irma hit and money donated specifically for Harvey might not be able to be used for Irma or any other disasters that should happen to arise next week. Just something to keep in mind.
Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Spicy Lime Sauce, healthy meatless meal loaded with flavor. #seafood #shrimpClick To Tweet
You can use any size shrimp you want, but medium to large are a little easier to skewer and grill.
- 1 lb peeled shrimp uncooked
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons lime juice
- hot sauce to taste
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 2 cups cabbage shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 3-4 limes cut into wedges
- Put shrimp on skewers, season with salt and pepper. Grill, or broil, a few minutes per side until cooked.
- In a small bowl combine yogurt and lime juice. Add a few splashes of hot sauce to taste (or add none if you don't want it spicy).
- Layer the cabbage and cilantro on the tortillas, top with shrimp and add sauce.