Capture the tastes of Fall with some Maple Apple Pear Butter made quickly in the Instant Pot.
When life gives you more apples and pears than your family can eat, it’s time to get canning!
I didn’t want to see the beautiful produce from Harvest2U go bad, so I made up this easy apple pear butter in the Instant Pot and canned it for hostess gifts or Christmas gifts.
I do have a fancy apple peeler corer attachment for my mixer, but I decided to skip the peeling step and just cut them in wedges, removed the core and tossed them in the pot with the peel still on.
The peels all blended up nicely and it adds a bit more fiber to the spread.
Maple Apple Pear Butter
- 10 cups apples and pears cut into wedges, core removed
- 1 cup real maple syrup not maple-flavored syrup
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in the pressure cooker. Seal and cook at high pressure for 40 minutes.
- Do a quick release of the pressure and remove lid. Use an immersion blender (or pour the mixture into a blender or food processor) and puree until completely smooth.
- If mixture is too thin, turn pressure cooker to sauté (low heat for stove top cooker) and simmer until thicker.
- Can in sterilized jars in a water bath canner for 15 minutes for ½ pints and pints, 20 minutes for quarts. For full canning instructions visit Ball Canning website)
Sound fabulous? Share it!
Other Apple recipes
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.
Until next time, happy eating!