Quick and easy Baked Apples recipe loaded with cinnamon, nuts and raisins is a delightful Autumn treat when apples are at their peak.
You have my permission to use any apples you want for this recipe. Some people insist you need to use tart apples, others will say it should be a sweet variety. Much ado about nothing if you ask me.
These should not be made ahead of time. They are best fresh from the oven. You could premix the filling and even core the apple before hand (just know the exposed core will brown). But, the filling will liquify from the moisture of the apple if you fill them too soon.
[click_to_tweet tweet="These simple Baked Apples stuffed with nuts and raisins are a delightful Autumn treat. #bakedapples #falldessert #applerecipes" quote="These simple Baked Apples stuffed with nuts and raisins are a delightful Autumn treat. " theme="style2"]
- 4 large apples
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup walnuts (chopped)
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon butter or coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash your apples, and using a melon baller or spoon, scoop out the core of the apples from the top, creating a hole. Be careful not to scoop all the way to the bottom. You don't want your filling to leak.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nuts and raisins. Pack the filling into the apples.
- Place the filled apples into a shallow baking dish or individual ramekins. Drizzle the butter evenly over the filling in each apple.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the apples are tender, and the sugar and butter have started to caramelize.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.