This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Mini Honey Lavender Coffee Cakes are small lavender flavored coffee cakes topped with a decadent honey almond topping.
The butter rich cakes have a hint of lavender which would be wonderful used as a bundt cake or even a layer cake with some lavender or lemon buttercream icing.
But, I opted to use it for a coffee cake base and topped it with a luscious honey nut mixture that caramelizes in the oven to form a crispy crunchy layer that is addicting in and of itself.
Thank you to Circulon and Taylor & Colledge
The lavender flavor comes courtesy of Taylor & Colledge and their wonderfully strong pastes. I have a few of their flavors and they add an incredible depth of flavor to everything I have made with them.
Circulon sent me the wonderful nonstick mini loaf pan, so I decided to put the nonstick capabilities to use. Well, I didn’t actually decide. It just happened that way when I overfilled the cups and the topping got everywhere when the cakes rose too high the first time I made the recipe. And it cleaned right up! No scrubbing, just a quick hand wash and it was good as new. YEAH!
Spring Sweets Week
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2021 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks With the weather warming up and flowers beginning to bloom let’s celebrate with spring sweets and a fun giveaway!
This year 24 food bloggers from around the country are sharing over 100 sweet recipes that are perfect for the spring season. So say goodbye to the snow and cold and get ready to enjoy the best spring treats like cupcakes, cookies, pies, dessert boards, and even a few beverages!
Tuesday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Blackberry Lavender White Mocha Latte by Jen Around the World
- Chocolate Whiskey Cupcakes by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Citrus and Berry Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing by Eat Move Make
- Coconut Lime Swig Cookies by Devour Dinner
- Dessert Charcuterie Board by Nik Snacks
- Fresh Pineapple Salsa by The Spiffy Cookie
- Fresh Pineapple Upside Down Cake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Ginger Pear Mini Loaves with Oat Crumble Topping by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Kiwi Creme Brûlée by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Kumquat Cheesecake Bars by Sweet Beginnings
- Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake by The Carefree Kitchen
- Mini Honey Lavender Coffee Cakes by That Recipe
- Mini Rhubarb Crumb Loaves by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Strawberry Rhubarb Oat Bars by Family Around the Table
- Strawberry Scones by House of Nash Eats
- White Chocolate Raspberry Scones by Blogghetti
We share recipes from #SpringSweetsWeek on Pinterest! Make sure you follow the board to see all the delicious recipes shared this week.
Spring Sweets Week Giveaway
Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you to Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Door County Coffee, Circulon, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway with six amazing prizes and would love if you would take a moment to read about it and the prizes that you can win!
You can read a full description of the prizes in this post.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Honey Lavender Coffee Cakes
Honey Almond Glaze
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup almonds finely chopped
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 scant cup milk see instructions
- 1 teaspoon lavender paste
Honey Almond Glaze
- Combine glaze ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until it just begins to boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
Lavender Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Cut in the butter with pastry cutter or two knives until mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Add the egg to a measuring cup then fill with milk to make 1 cup. Add lavender extract and beat together. Then mix into dry ingredients.
- Divide the batter evenly between six mini loaf cups. Top each loaf with glaze.
- Bake at 350°F until golden, about 20 minutes.
More Coffee Cake Recipes
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Door County Coffee & Tea Co., Circulon, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own.
The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected.
The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.
Until next time, happy eating!