This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
White Chocolate Latte Cupcakes taste like an upside coffee drink with white chocolate cupcakes topped with a rich coffee frosting.
I wanted to mix things up a bit with these cupcakes. When most people think chocolate and coffee they assume "mocha" with dark or milk chocolate. But I wanted something that looked more Spring like, so I made a white chocolate cupcake. The result is a dense and moist cupcake that is delicious on it's own as my husband and son will attest.
Yes, I realize the instructions call for a lot of bowls. More, often than not I reuse bowls as I go or mix straight in measuring cups when possible.
For the icing I made a simple buttercream swapping extra strong flavored coffee for the milk traditionally used. I used a full packet of coffee which is premeasured to make a full pot.
Thank you to Door County Coffee and Dixie Crystals
Dixie Crystals is the only sugar in my house. Pure cane deliciousness that works perfectly in all of my recipes.
Door County has so many great flavors of coffee that would be fabulous in the icing such as Blackberry Shortcake, Blueberry Cobbler or Highlander Grogg. The Raspberry Almond I used made it so good, my coffee hating son devoured it without knowing it was coffee, haha!
Spring Sweets Week
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2021 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks With the weather warming up and flowers beginning to bloom let's celebrate with spring sweets and a fun giveaway!
This year 24 food bloggers from around the country are sharing over 100 sweet recipes that are perfect for the spring season. So say goodbye to the snow and cold and get ready to enjoy the best spring treats like cupcakes, cookies, pies, dessert boards, and even a few beverages!
Monday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Carrot Pineapple Mini Loaves by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hot Cross Bundt Cake by Nik Snacks
- Instant Pot Lemon Lavender Cheesecake by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Key Lime Lavender Curd by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Kiwi Coconut Key Lime MIni Cheesecakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Kumquat Pie by Eat Move Make
- Lavender Lemon Mini Loaves by Sweet Beginnings
- Lemon Lavender Macarons by Jen Around the World
- Lemon White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes by Art of Natural Living
- Mandarin Orange and Rhubarb Mini Loaves by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Mandarin Orange Donuts with Ganache Glaze by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Mini Blueberry Bread by The Carefree Kitchen
- Mini Lemon Cakes with Lemon Glaze by Family Around the Table
- Mini Pound Cake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake by Pook's Pantry
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake by Devour Dinner
- No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream by Kate's Recipe Box
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake by House of Nash Eats
- Raspberry Cheesecake Bars by Books n' Cooks
- Strawberry Rhubarb Breakfast Bread by For the Love of Food
- Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with Crumb Topping by Blogghetti
- Vegan Chocolate Loaf Cake by Shockingly Delicious
- White Chocolate Latte Cupcakes by That Recipe
We share recipes from #SpringSweetsWeek on Pinterest! Make sure you follow the board to see all the delicious recipes shared this week.
Spring Sweets Week Giveaway
Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you to Dixie Crystals, Melissa's Produce, Door County Coffee & Tea , Circulon, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn's for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway with six amazing prizes and would love if you would take a moment to read about it and the prizes that you can win!
Check out the amazing prizes you can win in our #SpringSweetsWeek Giveaway!Door County Coffee & Tea Co. is giving away one $50 gift certificate to doorcountycoffee.com so that one lucky reader can try any of their amazing coffees and teas.Door County Coffee & Tea Co. was founded in 1993 in Door County, Wisconsin. It is a small, family-owned business, roasting coffee the old-fashioned way - in small batches to exacting specifications. The mission has always been to produce some of the best-tasting and highest quality coffee. They have over 100 types of coffee, all of which are roasted right on site. Visit https://www.doorcountycoffee.com/ to see their selection of coffees and teas as well as to find some fabulous recipes.Dixie Crystals is giving away one propane kitchen torch which is ideal for caramelizing creme brulee or roasting peppers in a snap!Since 1917, Dixie Crystals® has been the South’s choice for high-quality sugar and sweeteners. Our pure cane sugar products are all natural, non-GMO and provide consistently delicious results. Visit https://www.dixiecrystals.com/ for hundreds of recipes, holiday ideas, and plenty of baking videos.Melissa’s Produce is giving one reader a Fabulous Fruit Fare Basket. Forget your basic apples and bananas and try faraway tropical fruits such as Mango, Papaya, Gold Pineapple, and Coconut, and exotic treasures like Asian Pear, Kiwi, Pepino Melon, Baby Bananas, Seasonal Tangerines, and Kumquats. Joe and Sharon Hernandez founded Melissa's Produce with a decade of produce industry experience in a small, rented produce warehouse lunchroom. The Melissa's brand is named after Joe and Sharon's daughter, who takes an active role in the company. The company's Food Service Division has become a full-service operation that supplies culinary professionals with staples, exotics and Melissa's full line of organic produce. Visit https://www.melissas.com to find the very best fruits, vegetables, gifts, and to get tasty recipes!Circulon is giving one reader a 5 piece baking set including two 9-inch cake pans, a 9 x 13 baking pan, a 9 x 5 loaf pan, and 10 x 15 cookie pan! It’s everything you need to get baking in the kitchen.Circulon's commitment to detail and design for nonstick cookware makes your time in the kitchen more enjoyable due to their 4 “Must Haves” of everyday cooking. The first is nonstick performance. The Circulon TOTAL® Nonstick System of raised circles and triple-layer premium nonstick reduces surface abrasion from cooking utensils to enhance nonstick durability. Then there’s durability. Hard-anodized, stainless steel, and aluminum construction is backed by a hassle-free lifetime warranty for built-to-last cookware you can count on. The last two are even heat distribution and easy clean up. No matter what piece you buy it is sure to meet your expectations and help you enjoy your time in the kitchen. To see all the Circulon products visit https://circulon.com/ .Taylor & Colledge is giving one lucky winner a trio of extract pastes. One winner will receive Almond Extract Paste, Lemon Extract Paste, and Lavender Extract Paste to help you do your own spring baking!Taylor & Colledge was founded in 1897 in Australia and has been making extracts ever since! Their products can be used in two different ways when you baking. Whether you use the products as the fragrant, hero ingredient in your baking, or whether it’s a supporting sidekick, you can be assured that with Taylor & Colledge, it will be a pure, rich, full-flavored ingredient in your baking every time. Visit https://www.taylorandcolledge.com/ to learn more about their extracts.Nairn's Oatcakes is giving away six of their awesome products to one winner. The winner will receive Nairn's Gluten Free Original Oat Grahams, Nairn's Gluten Free Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Nairn's Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Oat Grahams, Nairn's Gluten Free Caramelized Onion Flatbreads, Nairn's Gluten Free Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Nairn's Organic Oat Crackers. Nairn's knows a thing or two about oats, they've been baking with them since 1896 when John and Sarah Nairn first opened their bakery in Strathaven, Lanarkshire. Since then their team has grown and they have two Edinburgh bakeries. They have a devoted team at each working on their recipes, mixing techniques, and ever-growing range. Check out their products and blog at https://www.nairns-oatcakes.com/a Rafflecopter giveaway
White Chocolate Coffee Latte Cupcakes
White Chocolate Cupcakes
- 2 ounces white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 ½ ounces coffee grounds
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup (or 2 6-cup) cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, heat white chocolate and hot water in the microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir and continue heating for 10 seconds at a time as needed until completely melted. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside
- In a small mixing bowl, whip egg whites until stiff but not dry. Set aside.
- In a the bowl of an electric mixer, beat sugar and butter until creamy and lemon-yellow colored.
- Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. Add the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Mix in half of the flour mixture, then mix in the milk until incorporated, then the remaining flour.
- Lightly fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Fill the cupcake cups ¾ full with batter. Bake at 350°F until golden, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven let cool for 5 minutes in pan the move cupcakes to cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl combine the coffee grounds and boiling water. Let steep about 5 minutes. Strain the mixture through a strainer lined with a coffee filter.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat together powdered sugar and butter. Thin to desired consistency with strained coffee.
- Frost cupcakes and decorate as desired.
More Cupcake Recipes
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Door County Coffee & Tea Co., Circulon, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own.
The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected.
The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.
Until next time, happy eating!