Sometimes you just need a little bite of chocolate chip cookie goodness to get you through the day.
These copycat Famous Amos Chocolate Chip cookies are delicious bite sized cookies perfect for packing in school lunches or an afternoon pick me up.
Have you ever had Famous Amos Chocolate Chip cookies? Crispy, bite sized, addicting...
This is one cookie my entire family agrees on.
I added pecans, which are not in the original recipe nor in the store bought cookies. But, I like pecans in my chocolate chip cookies.
Tricks to Famous Amos Cookies
There are three tricks to these cookies:
First, use mini chocolate chips. All I had were jumbo sized Ghirardelli chips (affiliate link) so I chopped them up so the proportion would be right for a mini cookie.
Second, to make them bite sized use a teaspoonful of dough. Yes I literally mean a heaping teaspoon. See...
Finally, to get them crispy without spreading you need to chill the dough before baking. You can get more info about it over on King Arthur Flour's blog (not a sponsor). They chill then scoop. I scooped then chilled to reduce the time needed. 10 minutes was all that I needed to achieve the cookies above.
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup shortening
- ⅓ cup brown sugar packed
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup pecans (finely chopped)
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until creamy.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans (if using).
- Drop by teaspoonful onto baking sheets. Literally, just a heaping teaspoonful if you want them to stay bite sized.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes. While dough is chilling, preheat oven to 350℉.
- Bake cookies until beginning to brown on the edges, about 7 minutes.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Cookie Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!