Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
Tomato Ginger Salad Dressing is a simple sweet and sour salad dressing that whips up in the blender easily.
Kiss those boring salads goodbye with this delicious spicy sweet Ginger Salad Dressing inspired by the dressing served at Benihana Restaurants.
I can't testify if this tastes the same as the dressing in the restaurants as I haven't been to a Benihana in decades. But I can tell you it is sweet and tangy and spicy and easy to make.
The only tip I am going to give you is to wait at least one hour before adjusting the flavors. When it was fresh, I thought it was a bit bland and was tempted to add more garlic and ginger. A few hours later I realized that would have been a mistake!
Ginger Salad Dressing
- ½ cup onion (chopped)
- ½ cup canola oil (or any mild tasting oil)
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (minced)
- 2 tablespoons celery (minced)
- 2 tablespoons low or no sugar added ketchup
- 4 teaspoons tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar or equivalent amount of sweetener (stevia, xylitol, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic (minced, about 1 clove)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except salt and pepper in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Let chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Add salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Jen @Cincy Shopper
Thank you again for the party! Hope you're having a good week.
Thank you for hosting. Have a great week!
Happy May to you today! I hope it's a great month for you!