Gluten Free Turkey Meatballs recipe with plenty of Parmesan cheese and herbs to make them moist and flavorful.
Low fat meatballs, especially made from ground turkey, can be drab flavorless rubber balls.
This recipe uses plenty of Parmesan cheese to add flavor and moisture as well as acting as a binder. With no bread crumbs to weigh these down the texture is softer and the flavor of the herbs can shine through.
Planned Leftovers for the Win
Meatballs are perfect for the cook once eat twice concept.
I like to make a big batch of meatballs and slightly undercook half of them. Once they are cool, I slide the baking sheet into the freezer to individually freeze. Once frozen I pop the meatballs into a zip to lock freezer bag for a quick meal another night.
More Meatball Recipes
Celebrating National Meatball Day!
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic (finely minced)
- 1 tablespoons onion powder
- ½ tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, eggs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, parsley, garlic, onion powder, and crushed red pepper flakes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Divide mixture into 24 equal-sized portions. If necessary, add more Parmesan cheese to bind the ingredients together. Roll each portion into a ball and place on prepared baking sheet, leaving room between each meatball.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
Until next time, happy eating!