Tomato and Celery Soup is a simple homemade tomato soup with chopped celery added in for extra crunch.
I am not a big fan of canned soups, especially condensed ones. Making soup at home is so easy, usually healthier, and the taste is so much BETTER.
This recipe is a spin off of a braised celery recipe I made recently. We were in the midst of a week-long rain pattern and I wanted a little bit more comfort instead of a healthy side dish. Same great taste and still healthy, even with the pinch of brown sugar.
Tomato and Celery Soup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 15 ounces low sodium organic tomato sauce
- 3 cups celery, thinly sliced or chopped
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet heat olive oil over medium heat and saute garlic for about 1 minute. Add herbs and saute another minute.
- Stir in the tomato sauce. Add celery and stir to coat.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer about 10 minutes, stirring about halfway through.
- Add brown sugar and stock. Continue simmering until celery is done to your liking.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Tammy from Creative K Kids (Blog)** Pinterest/Facebook/Google+/Twitter/Instagram
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)** Pinterest/Facebook/Google+/Twitter/Instagram
**Lisa from Blogghetti (Blog)** Pinterest/Facebook/Twitter/Instagram
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
Thank you for hosting! This is what I featured the week of 4-6 to 4-10-20 on my blog. On Tuesday was Turtle Crepes With Custard Cream. Wednesday was Strawberry Crepes With Peach Sauce. Thursday was Nutella Crepes With Fruit. And winding up this Week of Crepes is Tip Friday 7 Best Egg Substitutions and Examples. Enjoy!
Can you make it and send it to me? I love to eat, but not to cook. This might be easy enough for me to actually make though.
Thank you Audrey, this look DELICIOUS! I've been looking for some good comfort foods.